8-a-side Rules and Regulations
1. Team colours and equipment
Each team shall wear shirts of the same colour.
If there is a colour clash bibs can be provided, this being decided by the toss of a coin, or referee’s choice.
- All players must wear shin pads, completely covered by socks
- All outfield players must wear shorts, only goal keepers can wear jogging bottoms
- All jewellery must be taken off before the start of play
- Recommended footwear for the 3G pitch is moulded or screw in studs of short/medium length. Flat soled shoes and trainers are not recommended.
- If your kit is black then you will have to wear bibs and not the referee
2. Referees/Foul play and Disciplinary Action
- All free kicks will be direct, unless a back pass is awarded or the goalkeeper kicks out of their hands. In which case an indirect free kick will be awarded.
- Players deemed to be using foul play may be sent to the sin bin at the referee’s discretion. The sin bin penalties will be a minimum of 2 minutes and a maximum of 10 minutes depending on the seriousness of the offence.
- Foul language directed at the referee will be regarded as an immediate red card offence.
All referees reserve the right to caution, send off players in accordance with the FA rules and regulations.
ANY RACISM THAT OCCURS FROM ANY PLAYER WILL RESULT IN THE WHOLE TEAM NOT BEING INVITED BACK WITHOUT WARNING
The referee’s decision is absolute and final.
- Three points shall be awarded for a win and one point for a draw. In the event of two or more teams being equal on points the team with the best goal difference shall take precedence. In the event of goal difference being equal then the team with the most goals scored will take precedence.
- All matches will start at 8:00pm or 9:00pm.
- If a team is unable to play for any reason they will automatically lose the match 5-0 and have one point deducted.
The aim is to run matches as closely as possible to 11 a side grass football.
4. Local rules
- Matches will consist of two halves of 25 minutes, with a 3 minute interval, referees will add on any necessary injury time.
- The off side rule does not apply.
- Slide tackles are allowed as long as they are deemed not a foul by the referee.
- A distance of at least 5 yards (outside the box) and 3 yards (inside the box) must be left between a player taking any free kick and the opposing player.
- Goal keepers may throw the ball out from their arms (over or under arm is permitted) but not allowed to kick out of their hands. In the event of the goalkeeper kicking it out of his hands, an in-direct free kick will be awarded from where the ball was kicked.
- Goal kicks are taken from the back line, from inside the large box. The ball does not have to leave the area and can be played short.
- Substitutions can only be made when the whistle is blown and referee signals for it. Players waiting to come on shall remain off court until this time. Maximum of 12 players per match (8 on the field of play, 4 substitutes rolling on/off).
- Unless an injury occurs in which a player comes off, changing/substituting a goalkeeper will only be allowed at half time and not during open play.
- A £100 deposit is required in order to confirm a place in any league. The total cost of the league is £280 ( £100.00 deposit). The remaining amount is then due on the confirmed date from the application form before the league begins. Payments cannot be paid in instalments and must be paid in full by the given deadline before the first fixture.